The Axi+Line Proximal Bunion Correction System addresses treatment of deformities of larger angles and addresses correction in the frontal plane.
- Corrects both IM angle and frontal plane deformity
- The long oblique Proximal Modified Mau osteotomy
- Instrumentation provides full control of all bone fragments during the procedure and allows for a seamless transition from templating to plating
This product is currently in a limited commercial launch with Nextremity Solutions, Inc.
Corrects both IM angle and frontal plane deformity.
- 87.3% of patients with hallux valgus have abnormal frontal plane rotation (pronation) of the 1st metatarsal1
- Other proximal/midshaft osteotomies, such as the Scarf do not address the frontal plane deformity, which has been shown to result in a recurrence rate of 78 percent2
The long oblique Proximal Modified Mau osteotomy.
- Provides intrinsic stability that may allow (at surgeon’s discretion) for early weight bearing3,4,5
- Maximizes fusion surface area and provides the ability to correct moderate to large angular deformities4,6
- Avoids violating a healthy metatarsal-cuneiform joint compared to a Lapidus procedure
- Minimizes the probability of shortening compared to performing sawcut Lapidus procedure without use of the interposition autograft6,7
Instrumentation provides full control of all bone fragments during the procedure and allows for a seamless transition from templating to plating.
- Four angles of correction built into the plate, providing a self-reducing, 5-hole construct with bicortical locking or non-locking screw options
- Sterile kit – provides added efficiency and convenience for surgical team8
Ready to Talk?
WE’RE HERE TO LISTEN