(WARSAW, IN) October 20, 2016—Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc. (NYSE and SIX: ZBH), a global leader in musculoskeletal healthcare, today announced an exclusive agreement with Nextremity Solutions, Inc. to globally distribute the company’s foot and ankle deformity correction products. The financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
“We’re excited to expand the clinical capabilities of our foot and ankle portfolio with Nextremity Solutions’ deformity correction products,” said Brad Quick, General Manager of Zimmer Biomet Foot and Ankle. “The agreement helps advance our commitment to provide customers with the broadest range of cutting-edge technologies and strengthens our position in the foot and ankle market.”
Nextremity Solutions designs and manufactures the following procedure-ready, sterile implant systems for the correction of foot and ankle pathologies, which will be globally distributed by Zimmer Biomet:
- Nextra® Hammertoe Correction System, the industry’s only adjustable two-piece hammertoe implant.
- MSP™ Metatarsal Shortening System, an osteotomy guide and implant in one. The innovative design provides precision and stability for metatarsal shortening procedures.
- Re+Line® Bunion Correction System, a unique, low profile tension-band compression plate designed for performing precise, repeatable bunion correction surgery.
- ArcusTM Staple System, an arc-styled staple design that provides greater and more uniform compression than conventional staples1.
“The agreement with Zimmer Biomet allows us to expand the reach and influence of our forefoot portfolio by leveraging the commercial capabilities of a global musculoskeletal healthcare leader,” said Rod K. Mayer, President and Chief Executive Officer of Nextremity Solutions, Inc. “Our partnership with Zimmer Biomet enables us to focus on our current strategy of working with our surgeon partners to deliver innovative solutions that help advance the standard of care in the foot and ankle market with speed, efficiency and excellence.”
About Zimmer Biomet
Founded in 1927 and headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana, Zimmer Biomet is a global leader in musculoskeletal healthcare. We design, manufacture and market orthopaedic reconstructive products; sports medicine, biologics, extremities and trauma products; office based technologies; spine, craniomaxillofacial and thoracic products; dental implants; and related surgical products.
1. Comparison of Compressive Force for Bone Staples, Lisa A. Ferra, Ph.D., OrthoKinetic Technologies LLC and OrthoKinetic Testing Technologies, Southport, NC. Laboratory studies are not necessarily indicative of clinical results.