The Axi+Line Proximal Bunion Correction System addresses treatment of deformities of larger angles and addresses correction in the frontal plane.
- Corrects both IM angle and frontal plane deformity
- The long oblique Proximal Modified Mau osteotomy
- Instrumentation provides full control of all bone fragments during the procedure and allows for a seamless transition from templating to plating
This product is distributed by Nextremity Solutions, Inc.
Corrects both IM angle and frontal plane deformity.
- 87.3% of patients with hallux valgus have abnormal frontal plane rotation (pronation) of the 1st metatarsal1
- Other proximal/midshaft osteotomies, such as the Scarf do not address the frontal plane deformity, which has been shown to result in a recurrence rate of 78 percent2
The long oblique Proximal Modified Mau osteotomy.
- Provides intrinsic stability that may allow (at surgeon’s discretion) for early weight bearing3,4,5
- Maximizes fusion surface area and provides the ability to correct moderate to large angular deformities4,6
- Avoids violating a healthy metatarsal-cuneiform joint compared to a Lapidus procedure
- Minimizes the probability of shortening compared to performing sawcut Lapidus procedure without use of the interposition autograft6,7
Ready to Talk?
WE’RE HERE TO LISTEN